10 January 2015

Want to Learn How To Program?

I didn't get into coding until about a year ago. After I realized that I didn't want to be a mechanical engineer (which was what I came to Mines to do), I had to find a new major. I had always liked materials and metallurgical engineering, but it involves too much chemistry, and I don't like chemistry. Being at this school, there aren't many options to choose from. I found this website called  Code Academy, that has hours and hours of tutorials on coding. 

This is my first game I made in JavaScript :


I was walked through every step, and it wasn't too hard. Basically what this program does is asks the user (you) to make a choice between rock, paper, or scissors. The computer then generates a random decimal between 0 and 1 and depending on what that number is, an answer is determined for the computer. Once the computer and the player have answers, the program outputs onto the console who won. (The console is that black box in the upper right-hand corner.) 


Below is a simple version of the game, Battleship, written in Python. I personally like Python better than JavaScript. 



Below is the very basics of HTML. I have text, and I have links. If you were to click on where my name is on blue and underlined, it would take you to this blog. (BTW, that guy is from Cirque du Soleil. He's really hot in real life.)





Farewell pic :




                                                                                         ~ Cici

No comments:

Post a Comment