11 January 2015

I've Had A Crush Or Two

I've been interested in boys for approximately ten years now. Over those years, I've had many infatuations that I would like to share with you.


1. This first one isn't actually a crush I had, and hardly counts as anything at all, but this was the first time a boy told me he loved me. I was either four or five and in kindergarten. One day at recess I was just sitting and pondering my thoughts, as does any child on a playground. The next thing I knew, someone had kissed me on the cheek and whispered, "I love you" in my ear. When I turned to see who it was, the boy was running away. I did notice though, that it was the kindergarten bully that would slap my friends on the backs of their hands. It didn't matter though, because basically right after he did that, he moved to Kansas and I never actually met him. 


2. In elementary school, there was a boy that would give me a chocolate rose every valentines day. Now that I think about it, it was probably only two or three, but still. He wasn't the most popular, and I somehow ended up friends with all of the pretty girls, so none of my friends really liked him or talked to him. He moved away in fourth grade anyway ..


3. In sixth grade, I had three crushes I think. There was one boy who was in all of my classes, and I just thought he was kind of cute. That's it. For some reason in my junior year of high school, I decided to tell him that I had had a crush on him in 6th and 7th grade. He then told me that he was pretty sure he had liked me in 5th grade. Aww. 


4. The next guy, still 6th grade, was the kind of cliche studly guy that girls are supposed to like. We were in class together a lot, and were also co-stars in our grade's play. He was super rich, because his grandfather owns a big company that I'm not going to name. Well, I guess I haven't been one to have secrets and be very private since I was this age or younger, because I told him that I had a crush on him. Then, he told me that he had a crush on one of my best friends. The end. He went to prep school soon after that.


5. In 7th grade, I was hanging out with the prettiest, most popular girls in my grade. There was this new kid with gorgeous eyes. But, at least in my school, if there's a new kid, and someone decides they're cool, the popularity will sweep them up and they'll become stuck up. If you were new and someone with popularity didn't take an interest in you, you stayed at the average level. So, this new guy was swept into popularity and became a dick. 


6. Also in 7th grade, a new kid. Basically the same thing happened to him that happened to the last guy, except this one started dating one of the girls in that clique I was hanging out with. He was swept up very quickly, but switched schools soon after and no one ever talked about him again. 


7. So sorry to do this, but I forgot one guy in 5th and 6th grade. In 5th grade, I was asked to be in the music pit for our high school's musical. It was me, and then a bunch of adults, which was a little weird, but I was totally fine with it; I like hanging out with people who are older than me. The musical was Beauty and the Beast, and the guy that played Gaston's little minion guy was sooo hot. He was either a sophomore or a junior at the time, and had the most gorgeous hair. I tend to like guys with longish hair. Not like as long as mine, and not like a bob, just .. whatever. This guy was funny and confident on stage and .. no, I never met him. We were Facebook friends for a while but in college he got way too scruffy and weird, so I deleted him.


8. My freshman year was when I started dating my first boyfriend .. the scary one that I've mentioned before. I don't really consider him a real boyfriend though. 


9. Also in 9th grade, there was this guy that was funny, and strange. Looking back, he was really strange. There were a whole bunch of guys that year that I thought I was friends with, then they quickly started to hit on me .. turns out they just heard that I was a slut and wanted to sleep with me. How all four high schools in our valley heard that I was a bitchy slut who wouldn't sleep with their friends is beyond me; I shouldn't have been that important. 


10. When I was 16, there was this guy I worked with that was 21 or 22, and we had fun. We always gave each other massages, and we slacklined together, and I went to movies with him and his friends. But his friend liked me too, and I guess his friend asked me out first. I didn't really know it was a date, but ok.


11. I can't remember when exactly, but I definitely have had crushes on like three gay guys. Supposedly I should have been able to tell that right away, but they were so cute and nice. Why always so nice and cute? 


12. Then, I got to college. Even though I've had those two bad experiences, there is this one guy that I've liked for almost the entire time I've been here. He's on my team, and we're friends, but he's so gorgeous. I swim faster when I'm trying to impress someone, so last year I picked a guy on my team that I didn't know very well. This happened to be Will. I don't know if I would have liked him if I hadn't needed to like someone, but who cares. And everybody here knows that I like him. I can't see us together, but it is fun to stare at him. 



Farewell pic:




                                                                                 ~ Cici




No comments:

Post a Comment